I love a good protective style. It doesn’t have to be blah and plain, it can be one of those over the top elaborate updo, diva-licious looks, but at the end of the day, nothing comes close to the main squeeze: doing a twist set (second in line plaits). Twists are truly an easy way to keep the hair protected from knots, tangles and even does a great job at stretching the hair, to avoid the dreaded single strand knots that comes married to the art of shrinkage.
I recently decided to try a new method of twisting, (well rather, not the way I twist, but what I use) and it came of fabulous. Harmony of ILoveMyFro had created a video on youtube a long time ago sharing how she creates her fabulous silky smooth and frizz free!! twists. I love how much twists usually come out just using a butter, but Lord knows, the frizz after just two days is absolutely ridiculous. So I decided to try her method for my recent twisting.
Meet the “LoveFro” Method:
- any liquid leave in (I used ILoveMyFro Black Tea Leave in)
- Kinky Curly Curling Custard (or I think any gel of your choosing should be fine)
- ILoveMyFro Whipped Shea Butter
How to achieve:
- start with clean hair, freshly washed and damped
- Apply your leave in to a small section and massage it in
- Apply a small amount of the KCCC to the section making sure it coats the ends as well
- Follow up with a small amount of the whipped butter to restore moisture and seal it in.
- Twist! that’s it. The whole process went by so quickly.
Resulting Twist-Out after about a week and a half:
Love Fro Method Video Demo: