It’s been a while since I did twists or even tried anything fancy with a twisted style, so after doing my Kalpi Tone wash, I really wanted to try a nice rod twist set.
First I had my hair in these plaits a la deep conditioner:
Afterwards, I rinsed the deep conditioner out of my hair while still in the plaits. Then I got my plastic cap, my flexi-rods and went to work:
- Each section take, small amounts of hair and two strand twist it.
- I had about 3-5 twists per section/plait taken down.
- Once a section is complete, rod set the entire section on a roller, or if too many, rod set about 2 or 3 to a rod.
I slept with it overnight and then took the rods out the next morning for this result:
You can apply at this time, coconut oil or anything to give extra shine. I didn’t add anything because my hair held all the sheen from the night before.
After that, I unravelled the twists and had a great twist out experience:
You can wear the hair just like you see above, for a great twist out, or if you like you can proceed with the below:
(Unfortunately that rain-thunderstorm weather continued) so humidity got to my hair and thus I decided to pin it up and I got this:
Products used to twist/set:
- Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles
- Shine Time Bath and Body gel
That’s it! I have to say I love how soft and fluffy it was and the curls came out cute too. :) Have you tried this style before? How did you like it?