Hello again friends..This is another article in the Did you know series, and this time I have to take the time to highlight Coconut Oil..Now I’d like to say being from the Caribbean and having eaten a good deal of coconuts in my day, I can’t believe I did not know the true benefits of a coconut of-course besides it’s delicious taste and it’s great milk and products that you can make (coconut crumbs, coconut trash with sugar, drops, rice and peas with coconut milk…the list goes on and on, and yes a hair conditioner by soaking the hair in it for about 30 mins or so).
Now I was noticing how a lot of people were raving about Coconut-filled products like the Organix Nourishing Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner, or the VO5 Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner. Well I mean I knew something had to be up..so I went and did some research to see why this island fave of mine was really becoming so hot, especially in the Organic Oil version. Here is what I found:
Coconuts have been around since, well I’d say the age of time, but to specific, it’s been around since probably 15 million years ago, where it originated is debatable. Some say South Asia, some say South America, some New Zealand. Point is Thank God we have coconuts!! LOL..Anyhoo, back to the info:
These are a list of the benefits of coconuts:
- Can lower blood cholesterol levels
- Reduces your risk of having heart disease
- Stimulates your metabolism for faster weight lost
- It promotes an ideal and normal thyroid function
- It kills bacteria and other germs that can cause diseases.
- It is a natural antioxidant, and has Medium-Chain Fatty Acids that is the same found in breast milk that protects babies from getting sick.
- Is heart friendly
- It is great for diabetics,..
- Great for stress relief
- Skin Care: it helps with eczema, dry skin, wrinkles and sagging, and many other skin problems.
- Digestion, pancreatis, weight loss can all be combated with coconut oil, and even much much more other things but the more important one for us:
- Can be used for haircare..It can be used as a conditioner, or a pre-poo, or even after washing the hair as a leave in..
Now if you aren’t excited then, that’s just you, because I am..I mean edible and incredible? I’ll let you know once I get my hands on actual Virgin Coconut Oil…not the fake manufactured versions in supermarkets, because I do know when I used to eat my coconuts back home, I was healthy as ever and had energy for days..Stay tuned for the update, I’ll be getting VCO (virgin coconut oil) soon.
Peace love and happy hair growing,
~Hope you enjoyed