Hey lovelies, sometimes as naturals we want to switch it up, do something different and just give our hair a change. Often times that change involves some heat. But using heat shouldn’t mean having to start over. For the longest time, I had the worst results ever with doing a blow-dry to my natural hair. Mostly due to the bulky size of the blow dryer, or just my ends would get tangled fast, or I didn’t have enough time – point is, it was tedious.
I did get a better grip of blow drying (which I only do when I plan to straighten my hair like once or twice a year, or if I need to heat set perm rods or something), but this video I came across recently by the ever awesome Reniece totally blew my mind! If you’re into blowdrying you will love this method.
Genius right?!? Like how simple is that? Section the hair off, blowdry from the ends and work our way up! I so look forward to trying this on my next session with the blowdryer.
Here’s the quick run-down for you video skimmers:
- Start on clean freshly washed and deep conditioned damp hair
- Section the hair into smaller sections
- Apply heat protectant of your choice
- Use the tension method starting on the ends first then move upwards
- When that section is dry proceed to the next section
- If your hair dries out prior to blowdrying- mist with water
- That’s it!
As a bonus here’s a video of Reniece’s awesome hair journey!
If you haven’t already, be sure to follow her on:
So what do you think? Ever tried this method? Would you try it?
Liked this post? Show it some love:
~Hope you enjoyed! Till next time stay lovely and afroniquely you!